Whether it's the winter or summer, are you doing everything possible to lower your energy bill? If the answer is "NO," here are some tips you can use throughout the year.
1. Use Fans During The Summer
- Circulating air makes it feel cooler inside allowing you to turn up the temperature in your house. This will allow you to save money on your energy bill.
2. Adjust Your Thermostat
- Turn your thermostat down in the winter and up in the summer, this is another great way to put money back in your pocket.
3. Use Your Blinds
- Close your blinds in the summer to keep the heat out and open them to let the heat in during the winter. (P.S. make sure you seal any gaps around your doors and window.)
4. Make Sure Your Thermostat Fan Is On Auto
- Constantly running your fan throughout the year will increase your energy bill.
5. Schedule Air Conditioner and Furnace Check-Ups
- Make sure you schedule your yearly maintenance on your furnace and air conditioner so it doesn't go out when you need it the most.